Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
FocusST.org is the largest Ford Focus ST Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Front license plate

This user has no status.

Front license plate

Coming from NY I would like to try and follow the law by putting a front license plate on my st
    however putting it over the st's grill takes away from the cars staggering appearance. Has anyone tried mounting the front license plate in a different location? And does anyone currently have a front license plate on their st?

I spend too much of my life on FST! ST TURBO's Avatar
    is puting mbrp catless down pipe
    on

I hear u butt I won't b putting a front on my car even knw it's vt law f them
    FocusSTjb likes this.

is driving a Tuned, Black MonSTer

Quote Originally Posted by jkat View Post
    Coming from NY I would like to try and follow the law by putting a front license plate on my st
    however putting it over the st's grill takes away from the cars staggering appearance. Has anyone tried mounting the front license plate in a different location? And does anyone currently have a front license plate on their st?
    Check my build. I'm in NY and the dealer put the front plate on my car. I didn't want it. now that it's there, it doesn't bother me. That said, I might take it off if I could find out (or spend the time figuring it out) how to take off the mounting bracket.

Regarding other mounting spots, several people have used the hidden/hide-away brackets - the kind that keep your plate hidden under the front bumper until you pull it out (or have the auto one where you can press a button to have it pop out). Do a Google search for Hide Away plates.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragbax View Post
    Check my build. I'm in NY and the dealer put the front plate on my car. I didn't want it. now that it's there, it doesn't bother me. That said, I might take it off if I could find out (or spend the time figuring it out) how to take off the mounting bracket.

Regarding other mounting spots, several people have used the hidden/hide-away brackets - the kind that keep your plate hidden under the front bumper until you pull it out (or have the auto one where you can press a button to have it pop out). Do a Google search for Hide Away plates.
    Those hideaway license plates look perfect.

These are on a Camaro but you get the idea.

brn
    This user has no status.

Unfortunately there's no where on the front a plate is going to look good. At least in the stock location it's symmetric. I chose to leave mine off, though it's required in my state. Most nicer cars leave them off, and no one seems to care.
    -----------------------------------
    2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

This user has no status.

I posted on this thread on ST nation. Fold down plate not only folds down when you want your plate out of sight, but I think if you have to have a plate on the front it's the best location: Front license plate mount - Page 2

This is where I got mine Hide Away Plate Holder Hide Away License Plate Holder [PLATEHOLD] - $55.00 : Swift Motorsports, Import Performance Starts Here

This is what it looks like on my car (I don't have a plate yet)

There are tricks to using it on the ST, because it's not a Camaro or Mustang. Check out the first thread I posted on FSTN.

Close up of what the plate looks like folded down:
    Name:  CIMG1868.JPG
Views: 2876
Size:  1.86 MB
    Last edited by Frankenbike; 11-05-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    geargrinder likes this.

is driving a Tuned, Black MonSTer

So has anyone taken OFF the front plate mount once the dealer put it on? I tried briefly to take mine off recently and I didn't get it off. Wondering if there's a trick to removing the plate mount bracket or if I just missed something.

is tool #3, for now anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Kragbax View Post
    So has anyone taken OFF the front plate mount once the dealer put it on? I tried briefly to take mine off recently and I didn't get it off. Wondering if there's a trick to removing the plate mount bracket or if I just missed something.
    Mine came in with the spare tire so no need to remove. Looks like it's just a screw on mount?

Mods List:
    3 really cool stickers...5 hp each.

This user has no status.

I instructed the dealer not to mount mine. But there should be 4 screws holding the plate mount on. There are two hooks on the top, so after taking the screws off, you have to manipulate the top to unclip them or you might have to stick your fingers in to do push the hook tab up.

This user has no status.

I asked my dealer not to install my plate but they forgot! So as soon as I got home I removed the plate and bracket the bracket was screwed on with 2 #10 sheetmetal screws through the black grill they are hard to see unless you look for them, but I am still going to put little black caps over the holes.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Links