Stop scratching your paint.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a package of purposely selected premium microfiber towels

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am interesting in a lower priced, higher quality, variety pack of towels.

7 36.84%
  • I am interested in individual high quality towels, but not grouped in a variety pack.

1 5.26%
  • No, I am not interested in switching from my current microfiber detailing towels.

11 57.89%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Stop scratching your paint.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop scratching your paint.

Hello Forum Members, my business partner and myself are starting a premium microfiber towel company and we want to gauge interest in the car community. We hand selected a package of towels designed specifically for each surface of your car. High quality towels tend to be sold at a premium, we aim to sell our towels at a lower price point so any type of detailing enthusiast can afford high quality towels.

Super Moderator Duece McCracken's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is moderating the countryside,
    moderating the peasants,
    moderating all the peoples.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I deleted your other thread in favor of this poll.

If you plan on selling off this site, please get familiar with our site rules regarding vendors/group buys and other marketing on the forums.

If in doubt, ask.

Premium microfibers at good prices, that will catch some attention. Sad to say, I have the dirtiest car around, so I am not your target group, lol.
    UnfocusedST, poletrain and HBGeek like this.
    Owner and lead tech of Duece's Wrenchworx. The one stop shade tree ST shop.

Build thread - http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...-duecette.html

In PA/NJ? Looking for meets? Check this out.http://www.focusst.org/forum/groups/...a-st-club.html

Like brewpubs and the like? Are you in/near PA? check this- http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...tate-area.html

is Owner of Brads Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Brads
    detailedtouch1

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What country are your towels from?
    What are the blend percents?
    brian60 and HBGeek like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

is wishing for 4 MORE PENGUINS
    WINS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Yes, more very specific details are needed before I participate.
    LETS GO PENS!
    2014 Peformance Blue ST3

Mods:
    Stratified 93Oct Tune - AP v3
    CP-E 3.5" FMIC
    Depo Racing Catless DP
    MBRP CBE
    Cobb RMM, CAI, Short Shift kit
    Boomba Racing Wing Risers and BOV
    VelossaTech Rear Diffuser Fins
    Rally Armour Mud Flaps
    Diode Dynamics LED Fog Lights with Yellow LaminX
    Tinted Windows/Lights
    ITV22 Spark Plugs
    Subdued Flag Decals (2) with Thin Blue Line

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subscribing. I bought a bag of microfiber towels from Advanced Auto a couple years ago. I'm interested in replacing and supporting a startup, but details on what you mean by "higher quality" and "high quality" are needed, especially to justify shipping an item such as towels instead of going to a local auto store.
    LET'S GO PENS!

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Great question. We originally sourced from South Korea but found a distributor in China that offers higher quality microfiber towels for a similar price as of the ones in South Korea. With that being said we have noticed that 70/30 split seem to be softer to the touch/paint, more absorbent, and more durable in the long run.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece McCracken View Post
    I deleted your other thread in favor of this poll.

If you plan on selling off this site, please get familiar with our site rules regarding vendors/group buys and other marketing on the forums.

If in doubt, ask.

Premium microfibers at good prices, that will catch some attention. Sad to say, I have the dirtiest car around, so I am not your target group, lol.
    Thank you for deleting my other post, I am not sure why I had two.

As for selling off this site I will for sure read up on the site rules and regulations for vendors. However, at this time I am not trying to sell any products. But I do appreciate you pointing this out.

The general purpose of this poll was to see what the interest was for high quality microfiber towels (whether in a packaged kit, or individual units) is within the car enthusiast environment.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Reed

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poletrain View Post
    Subscribing. I bought a bag of microfiber towels from Advanced Auto a couple years ago. I'm interested in replacing and supporting a startup, but details on what you mean by "higher quality" and "high quality" are needed, especially to justify shipping an item such as towels instead of going to a local auto store.
    Poletrain, thank you for your interest. When we say high quality we mean a few things. For starters, we mean that our microfiber towels will be softer, more durable and more absorbent than your conventional store bought microfibers. Also when we say quality we also refer to the type of treatment that each surface gets. For example, you may want a higher GSM towel for the exterior of your paint and buffing while you may want a lower GSM towel for your interior for more scrubbing power.

My business partner and myself started this company due to being sick of store bought towels (such as Costco) because the polyester/nylon fibers wear out due to cheap quality fibers only after a few times of use. So we wanted to create a company where we can provide a high quality package of towels to the end user at a lower price point of a normal online retailer.

Does that help answer your question?

Thanks,
    Reed
    poletrain likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlars66 View Post
    Great question. We originally sourced from South Korea but found a distributor in China that offers higher quality microfiber towels for a similar price as of the ones in South Korea. With that being said we have noticed that 70/30 split seem to be softer to the touch/paint, more absorbent, and more durable in the long run.
    To be completely honest, being sourced from China is a red flag for me and probably for many on here and is probably the root of @Cooper asking his question. A lot of owners here purchased because Ford is an American brand and are trying to stay away from made in China products. Now this isn't to say that these are definitely poor quality towels, but it's no secret that a lot of products from China are less than stellar quality to say the least. Maybe if some well known and reputable members of this forum such as moderators were to receive a few towels to review and try out and give a true 3rd party opinion, that would probably sway the stigma
    Cooper likes this.
    LET'S GO PENS!

is Owner of Brads Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Brads
    detailedtouch1

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poletrain View Post
    To be completely honest, being sourced from China is a red flag for me and probably for many on here and is probably the root of @Cooper asking his question. A lot of owners here purchased because Ford is an American brand and are trying to stay away from made in China products. Now this isn't to say that these are definitely poor quality towels, but it's no secret that a lot of products from China are less than stellar quality to say the least. Maybe if some well known and reputable members of this forum such as moderators were to receive a few towels to review and try out and give a true 3rd party opinion, that would probably sway the stigma
    I agree, I would probably not be interested. Towel pros have great prices, but are from china. I can't bring myself to try them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links