Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Stealth's 2.3 Build

101K views 359 replies 52 participants last post by  Cjinohio03 
#1 · (Edited)
@Stealth asked for a 2.3 and here we go. I had the motor from my wrecked ST and we decided to build it. So the specs are 2.3, extrude honed head, Crower valve springs. keyed crank,pinned cams and bored TB. He's running a GTX2971 on his stock block now. Parts are ordered and on the way. Here's the tear down. @BlackT5 @TuxedST @tmcphail @djfourmoney
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle

Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Vehicle

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle

Engine Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive engine part Vehicle

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Fuel line Carburetor

Auto part Engine Electronics Technology Automotive engine part

See less See more
#206 ·
He might, he sold me that JDL Catback.

#212 · (Edited)
Lets also talk transmissions. I've done a lot of research and talked to a lot of people because of my 62 falcon that i'm considering ecoboosting.

The MX-5 Miata transmissions from 06-15 will bolt right up with the stock clutch no issue. Both the 5 and 6 speed. The Mazda m50d-r1. The MT82 from the Mustang will also bolt in with the Mustang clutch. The Speed3 transmission will also work and looks to fit in the ST with a custom tranny mount. There is a sensor we dont have so that might be a issue. Factory LSD.

This post has been deleted
#214 ·
Come on out to Indiana and help me build one!

#223 · (Edited)
Motor is beast and started, idled and ran on first hit of the key. We primed oil, installed plugs and it fired with no issues. We inspected for leaks and none. The built tranny also has no issues as well as the Mfactory axles. We took it on a test drive and the damn motor revs quick and QMP did a great job with balance. It just runs smooth as hell and sounds amazing. With just the base tune and running on spring pressure it pulls harder than the 2.0 it replaced. It will be a very high HP motor

#225 ·
Congratulations guys!!! Looks like the hard work is paying off!! Should make for an exciting spring/summer!!

#226 ·
Awesome work. Can't wait to see how this does when it's tuned.

It would be really cool to see this car featured on The Smoking Tire.

#228 ·
Looks and sounds like a car again! Gotta ask, where did that crash bar come from? Like that look for when I shave my grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#238 ·
#240 ·
Simi Valley isnt that far from Las Vegas hahaha.. ive been going back and forth about building my engine.. Everytime i start researching parts for a 2.3 individual port head full e85 10-10.5:1 build. I tell my self to not do it and buy a project car to do it to.. lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.