Daggermouth's PB, 2015 Build
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Daggermouth's PB, 2015 Build

I spend too much of my life on FST! DaggerMouth's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daggermouth's PB, 2015 Build

Hey FocusST.org!, I have already started my build but I figured I would give the 2015's some more representation and post some reviews and information I have gathered, while also keeping everyone updated on future mods. First just some background information about myself, I am 24 and live in DFW, Texas. This is my first personal project I am working on. But I grew up helping my father rebuild his 1971 Corvette, a project we are still working on today. I will update people on that project if more are interested.

Before my ST I drove a 2001 Series 7 BMW for about a year. It was an amazing car but I soon learned how much of a money pit some BMW's become so I sold it and purchased a used 2008 MKV Rabbit. The only thing we did to the rabbit was an intake and a ECU reprogramming. Until this year I was happy driving my slow car around, and it held up really well, but I decided to get myself something nicer. So I gave the VW to my twin sisters that turned 16 at the time (RIP Rabbit) and went out and purchased my 2015 Focus ST.

Here are some pics from when I first got it.
    Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  54.9 KBName:  GAS.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  43.0 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 655
Size:  1.65 MB

Here are pics of it now:

Name:  10985046_1155358517812845_2175578648968611927_n.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  116.4 KBName:  photo 5 (1).JPG
Views: 669
Size:  3.30 MBName:  mG3YySB.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  387.7 KBName:  photo 4 (1).JPG
Views: 629
Size:  1.75 MB

Like I said guys, Ill be posting reviews of the mods I already have and all future projects here. I appreciate you guys stopping by and if you have any questions just let me know!
    2015 PB FoST3
    ̶A̶ (F)WDTuning Built Block (Coming Soon)
    GTX2971 Tuned by Purple Drank Tuning
    Speed Perf6rmanc3 Port Injection Fuel Kit
    Milltek Exhaust w/ Catless DP
    HKS BOV W/ CPE Cold Pipe
    AnarchyMotive "Cardinal Sin" Shift Knob

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The modifications will be listed in the order I put them on the car.
    Updated: 11/12/2015
    Modifications:
    Cobb Short Shift Plate
    Needless Torque Collaborations Shifter Bushing
    Rally Armor Mud Flaps
    Cobb Green Filter
    Garage Line Pedal Spacer
    CFM Rear Motor Mount
    Cobb AP3 Stage 1 Tune
    CFM Performance Billet Cap
    TFB Designs Ford OEM Vinyl Covers
    Milltek Sports Exhaust
    Cobb Exhaust Hangers
    Depo Racing 3.5" Intercooler
    Cobb OTS Stage 2
    Stratified E30 Tune
    Damond Motorsports OCC
    AnarchyMotive Shift Nob
    AEM Dry Flow Filter
    Boosted Designs Solid Shift and Transmission Bushings
    Roof, mirror and lower lip vinyl wrapped gloss black
    Denso (5340) ITV22 Iridium Spark Plugs
    Unleashed Tuning Catless Downpipe
    Rebel Devil Customs DP Bracket
    Steeda Rear Sway Bar
    Stratified 6.0 2015 E30 Update

Coming Soon:
    CFM Extreme Rear Motor Mount
    TTR Passenger and Transmission Motor Mounts
    Last edited by DaggerMouth; 11-12-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    2015 PB FoST3
    HKS BOV W/ CPE Cold Pipe

is svtF & ST owner!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love the new front ends, but I like my rear end better
    2013 ST3

Magnaflow catback, RB mudflaps, Steeda OTS, Airraid intake, Eibach RSB, JBR shifter bushings, OCC, synopser delete, 20% tint, husky liner mats, powder coated dark grey wheels.

not installed: Mountune FMIC

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the blue!

is Happy with the Boomba Short
    Shift Kit

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ST=Freaky Fast
    Congrats and welcome

2013 Focus ST Performance Blue

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it has been awhile since I have updated so I thought I would share some things that have been going on. When I created this thread my car was sitting at Stage 2 and I just got my E30 tune. I have been running the tune now for about 7,000 miles and so far it has been completely flawless. I do a 3rd gear log at least once a week, on the same road and my power is always consistent. I rarely experience any negative corrections until recently but that was found to be caused by a RMM failure.

Back in October I purchased several parts that I added onto the car. The first one was the Boomba Intake Manifold spacer. The Spacer added noticeable throttle response but the power gains were a little underwhelming. In their defense, no matter what you do, sooner or later the KO3 just reaches a point where gains will always be minimal. The throttle response alone though made the purchase worth it. My virtual dyno graphs confirmed my theory of increased throttle response and show the boost and tq coming on sooner in the power band. The total gain between my virtual dyno was only about 5wtq.

Name:  photo 2 (3).JPG
Views: 441
Size:  1.16 MBName:  photo 1 (8).JPG
Views: 448
Size:  1.08 MB

I also changed my oil and changed out my spark plugs to Denso (5340) ITV22 Iridium Spark Plugs. They have been running great. The stock ones were fine when I examined them but I decided to switch them out regardless. These are one step colder plugs.

My next purchase was a Unleashed Tuning 3inch Downpipe. I also ordered Rebel Devils downpipe bracket because I read how many people have destroyed theirs. One thing I was disappointed about was that Unleashed Tuning did not provide me a 3inch gasket to replace the 2.5 inch stock. After contacting him he informed me to reuse the stock one and didn't provide me any other option. So I went ahead and ordered 3 online. I was unable to get around to installing it until this past weekend though. Luckily the fitment was spot on and there were no issues installing the downpipe. The only issue I had was the damn vband clamp but that was expected. I absolutely love the sound of my Milltek now and it was even GF approved. I personally love the smell it creates with the e30 mixture.
    Name:  photo 1 (9).JPG
Views: 439
Size:  1.83 MB

While I was installing the DP I decided to add extra pins to the CFM RMM since I will be increasing the stress. To my discovery the RMM was completely shot. The RMM had 4 pins and was their 68A version. I know for 100% fact the pins were installed properly and aligned with the pins on the opposite side of where the engine connects. When I removed it this past weekend, the pins were on the opposite side, had begun working their way out and had cracked the bushings around the pins. This was only after 6 months of use in my car but I installed them roughly the same time I went stage 2 and to e30. I have never tracked my car but I will admit I drive aggressively from time to time.

Name:  image (4).jpeg
Views: 581
Size:  828.0 KB

I was disappointed and concerned at the same time. When the mount was first installed, I felt it was a very strong mount and I noticed the increase in stiffness. It wasn't until this month that I felt an increase in engine movement and the wheel hop return. I had not planned to check on the mount as I figured the increase in movement was it just breaking in more or normal as people have reported similar things with Cobb and other mounts. I am glad I decided to add extra pins with the downpipe as I don't want to think what would of happened if the mount continued to be used.

I contacted CFM by Email the night of the install (Sunday) and they called me the next day. After a short conversation of the phone, asking about conditions and mods of the car, they informed me they will be sending me a new mount and upgraded me to the "Extreme" 85a version. He also informed me to run it with 4 pins and I should be okay. I am upset about how the product performed but I love when companies provide great customer service. He could of easily told me I used it improperly or even ignored my emails. Instead they immediately contacted me and made things right. I will be getting the new RMM tomorrow evening and I will be immediately installing it on the car and will do an impressions write up. I have been running the Efocus mount since I made my discovery and the CFM broken mount still felt more stable than this piece of ****.

After realizing how much stress this has probably put the other mounts under, I went ahead and ordered the TTR Passenger and Driver side mounts today. I don't want to take the chances of any of my mounts failing again.

I also installed a Steeda Rear Sway Bar but unfortunately I haven't been confident enough to fully test the product. Until I at least get the CFM RMM tomorrow, I don't plan on driving the car hard. I will update more when I get the rest installed.
    Last edited by DaggerMouth; 11-12-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    2015 PB FoST3
    HKS BOV W/ CPE Cold Pipe

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I've honestly never seen a RMM go like that! Nice to know they sent you a replacement!

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy12139 View Post
    Wow, I've honestly never seen a RMM go like that! Nice to know they sent you a replacement!
    That's what they told me too. He sounded genuinely confused about how it happened. But I told him I installed it straight from the box with 4 pins in and in the proper position. I guess my car is just making more torque than any ST before.
    2015 PB FoST3
    HKS BOV W/ CPE Cold Pipe

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I would post this as I am running out of performance mods for my car until I got Big Turbo. This is comparing two Vdynos I have done. One is when I first went Stage 1 with Cobb OTS and the second is my car as it sits now. I do all my Vdynos on the same road, same lane in the exact same starting location. I am in no way saying these numbers are a true representation of power but more for demonstrating the gains the car has made.

Name:  Stage 1 vs stage 3 e30.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  261.3 KB
    2015 PB FoST3
    HKS BOV W/ CPE Cold Pipe

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I didn't really post much because I didn't feel like I had any new info to share that couldn't already be found elsewhere on the forum. But now that my motor is dead, I will be pulling it myself and decided to document the whole thing for anyone that will be interested. After it is pulled I will be taking it to AWD Tuning which is a local shop here in Flower Mound. I will be taking pictures and possibly video of the whole process I do as well as posting all the pictures AWD Tuning will be providing me during their tear and rebuild process. I hope I can provide new and insightful information for anyone that is looking to tackle this themselves in the future.

To start I will reshare my post in the "Blown Motor Thread" so it will be easily available for everyone who is interested. Thank you and I look forward to what the future holds.

Out of failure, comes opportunity.

Username: DaggerMouth

Car and Year: Focus ST 2015

Mileage: 52k

What failed: 90 psi cylinder 1

Turbo: GTX 2971
    Engine Modifications: Full Bolt ons, Denso ITV24 plugs, Damond Motorsports PCV plate with customer pcv valve setup, CFM Breather Cap
    Tune: Adam Tuned/ Purple Drank 93 octane

Under what circumstances did it fail: Unknown. The car still had no signs of failure other than blowby out CFM Oil cap breather and low oil. Drove normal and still hit +4 corrections. Piston slap on cold startups but always smoothed out when warm. Idle exhaust sound changed to sound more lopey.

Any signs prior to failure?: About 2 week ago I switched tuners in preparations for auxfueling. I only had a 93 tune with Adam and decided to switch to Ryan from Purple Drank. I would do logs for Ryan and then switch back to my finished tune by Adam. One day in between I popped the hood and valve cover was covered in oil. Did a quick check of plugs and didn't have any signs and I foolishly didn't compression check. I misdiagnosed the issue as a pcv valve failure. Ended up replacing the stock plate with a Damond Motorsports plate and replaced the PCV valve with a custom setup. After pcv valve change I still had oil coming out under boost. However the car still had +4 corrections and showed no problems with doing revisions other than the blow by. I decided to monitor it for a few days see what happens.
    I popped the hood again and oil poured out the cap and this time my oil was low. Cleaned it all up and drove it normally to Autozone and back but still noticed blowby when I got home. Removed the plugs and could smell of oil in cylinder 1. I did a compression check and cylinder 1 only held 90psi. The rest read 140. My guess is the gauge wasn't accurate and may actually be around 100psi with a more accurate gauge seeing how the others were all the same but low from factory specs.

Warranty?: Not going to try. Taking the motor to AWD Tuning in Flower Mound to do a full rebuild. Ryan will be tuning the car again when it is complete.

Name:  16665583_1638201252861900_5340466578764368526_o.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  37.3 KB
    snowfan7c likes this.
    2015 PB FoST3
    HKS BOV W/ CPE Cold Pipe

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links