Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Mooshin's 2013 Oxford White ST2 | "Tighty ******"

63K views 164 replies 44 participants last post by  MattB16teg 
#1 · (Edited)
Mooshin's FORD RACING | 2013 Oxford White ST2

BUILD DIRECTORY:

Page 1: Introduction. 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc installation. COBB Shifter Installation.
Page 2: COBB Badge Blackout, COBB Intake Install, Fog Light Mishap!
Page 3: New Fog Light. Black Roof, Wing and Carbon Fiber Wrap with Photoshoot. New RED Badge kit.
Page 4: New Door Visors installed.
Page 7: Installation of Focus interior anti-skid mats.
Page 9: Ford Racing FR1 Power Pack Unboxing. New Exhaust, Cold Air Snorkel, Plugs, Pro-Cal Tune.
Page 10: Finished Exhaust install pictures... plus funny out-take photo!
Page 11: Added Video of Exhaust Cold Startup +Back Fire!
Page 13: My ST having emotional problems?

[HR][/HR]

[INTRODUCTION]
My name is Jason. I am from Michigan, but live in Arizona. This is my 2013 Oxford White ST2 with moonroof. I took delivery on my Birthday, October 15, 2012. It was one of the very first 2013 STs shipped into Arizona.

[0CTOBER 15, 2012]
Here is how it looked fresh off the transit truck.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Bumper

[MARCH 13, 2013]
During Christmas I picked up some 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber material and got busy on the dash. I loved the way it turned out. It took quite some time to do each piece but it was well worth my time. It really set the interior off! Currently, this has now been installed for 2 summers and has held up perfectly with the extreme Arizona heat.
Vehicle Tire Car Auto part Wheel
Vehicle Black Car Vehicle door Compact car
Gear shift Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Auto part
Macro photography
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Center console

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
Oh its coming. Will be posting them here. I had to charge my camera.

#7 ·
Thanks Keggs

#8 ·
OCTOBER 16, 2013
My Girlfriend got me this COBB knob for my birthday. She also got me the rear emblem. The knob has a much more comfort feeling due to it smooth surface. I do not miss the stock knob after installing this piece.

Gear shift Vehicle Car Technology

#10 ·
Right now I'm very happy with the interior offerings. The only two things that both me are the super slow response time of MFT to voice commands while in Navigation mode. The other thing I'm feeling the need for is raising that gas pedal. Due to its lower height and skinny brake pedal design, I've caught my shoe lace around the brake pedal. NOT COOL!!!

#17 ·
I think it was 24" x 48". 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber from Metrorestyling online.

#24 ·
I didn't do the bezel/panel around the MFT screen. The gloss black panel around the round radio dial also remains factory.

#14 ·
It surely occurred to me, but I ran out of material finishing the rest of the interior pieces. For the person asking about the difficulty wrapping the part around the navigation screen - that was not hard. The hardest piece to wrap are the vents. To do it properly, each must be taken out and separated into pieces... then wrapped and reassembled. I also attempted to wrap the handle for the sunroof, but that was a real pain due to the deep contours. In the future, I may attempt it again.

#15 ·
Installed the COBB Intake/filter kit. Installation was a bit more challenging than expected. I noticed very low clearance tollorances as most people have mentioned. My recommendation to COBB to improve this product would be to provide a longer length machine bolt for the bracket and also provide a rubber bushing for below the bracket to allow slight movement but also aid in removing any direct metal to metal contact. I ended up going this route and it made the kit fit much better and helped fine tweak the clearance issues around the fuel line and to keep it from rubbing the cowl insulation (originally this direct contact produced annoying noises)

The other image I've attached is the COBB emblem that I painted transparent black/gloss. I'm not a fan of chrome. I think COBB should also consider making that a color option.

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Wheel

#16 ·
Another dead fog light. Arggg... How this happened with a stock bulb I do not know. This is a replacement housing. Apparently not as good as the factory plastic. Thing melted! Auto part

#18 ·
Just ordered a new fog lens today. Now I wait to see what arrives. I got a killer deal on it. 15$ with free shipping.

#19 ·
The passenger air vent is difficult to remove, ended up cracking it in one spot, plus a few clips were snapped off

#20 ·
Did you remove the end cap off the end of the dash? I really didn't find any piece difficult except for the removal of he HVAC panel. That thing was less than fun.

#21 ·
#22 ·
No did not remove any part of the dash, HVAC panel was the hardest no doubt, didn't even realize there were was a screw on the drivers side until late in the process, getting the trim on the drivers side to snap back in to the HVAC panel was a huge PITA

#23 ·
Same experience with that screen and that panel on drivers side. PITA x 100000

#25 ·
Got my replacement fog lens today. 15$ shipped to my door! Automotive lighting Auto part Headlamp Rim Wheel

#26 ·
Here are photos of completed hood/rear spoiler wrap. Color is matte black. Also wrapped the rear garnish plate in Carbon to bring some of those interior surface textures to the outside of the car. I am using DMB RED Gel Badges for the front, rear, wheels and steering wheel.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hot hatch
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Trunk
Automotive exterior Vehicle Hood Car Spoiler
Vehicle Car Emblem City car Logo
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel

#29 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Gave him a bath today. I'm happy. Break dust free again!

#30 ·
Come morning, I will be putting in my order for my Exhaust. Going with the Ford Racing Catback, since it has the very best sound in my opinion. I wanted something with a poppy growl to it. I think they nailed it.

Reactions: Chick_Slayer
#31 ·
Currently Waiting on the Mountune front lip. Should look proper.

#33 · (Edited)
Thanks man. Appreciate the comments. It currently is at the dealership getting some TSBs performed. I am also awaiting arrival of 4 new parts/accessories. It should be looking even better in about 10 days when the goods arrive.

Presently being shipped to me:

1. Mugen Style Window Visors
2. Mirror Deflectors
3. Black/RED cubby/pocket inserts
4. LED lighted rear reflectors(to replace non-illuminated ones in rear bumper)

#34 ·
Finally got the car back from Dealership. All TSBs for Motor Mount performed. Also got a brand new Master Brake Cylinder and SYNC update. Car seems to be pretty happy with everything. Just waiting for parts to arrive as I've mentioned in my previous post. Looking forward to that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.