Ford Focus ST Forum banner

The LRF (Little Red Ferrari) Build

46K views 251 replies 33 participants last post by  ECOBEAST2.0 
#1 ·
Ive decided to start a build thread with the LRF. God knows that I will never actually keep an order of this stuff anywhere so Ill compile it all here and hopefully keep it all in order slowly but surely. I hope you all enjoy!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Ford
Car Vehicle Multimedia Technology Family car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Bumper

All my stock pics of her

See less See more
#2 ·
Auto part Handle

Ordered the Steeda intake tube for my first mod

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

The stock elbow by the filter was a bit tight but fits nice and I'm happy with the product

#4 ·
#3 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Decided to go with some steelies for the winter months. 16" from tire rack

Tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive tire Auto part

General Altimax tires. I HIGHLY recommend these tires. The grip is fantastic and I feel very confident driving with these

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

The Calipers are very very close, but I have no issues with them at all

Reactions: Jbailey1187
#5 · (Edited)
I decided to go with the CXR 28x9x2.75 FMIC for her and I think it looks fantastic. I would like to thank Silver_Shooter and GNocide for all their help and generosity with helping me getting this welded and installed.
Automotive exhaust Auto part Pipe Exhaust manifold Muffler

The piping was powder coated black (my mistake) when I got it so I had to strip it with some aircraft remover. I also had a Forge open atmosphere BOV from my GSX that I never installed so ST3forme gave me the bug to install it here!

Wood

I had to order a flange which was $14 bucks or so from amazon

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Radiator
Red Bumper Automotive exterior Hood Grille
Auto part Bumper Machine

We only used the center bung of the intercooler to mount it to the crash bar so the drilling only took about 2 minutes. Silver_Shooter made this awesome contraption to put a bead on the pipes so we didn't have to worry there!

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Mid-size car

The excess on the MAP sensor is shown in this pic if you are looking to go this route. Also since I am running a custom BOV job, we traced the factory vacuum tube from the stock BPV to here on the valve cover to. We tapped into here and ran it to the Forge

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Fuel line Vehicle
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle Gear
Auto part Fuel line Engine

This block off plate was a royal pain in the A** to install. Its not that its hard, its just tight in there and you'll get a few cuts
EDIT: After a few members pointing this out and talking to ATP, the bracket in the pictures is to be completely removed or moved to the side. It cannot be used with the ATP block off plate

#9 ·
View attachment 32136
This block off plate was a royal pain in the A** to install. Its not that its hard, its just tight in there and you'll get a few cuts
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't the block off plate go first, then the bracket for the solenoid on top of that? Looks like you could have it backwards.

#6 · (Edited)
Vehicle Auto part Car

Here is the Forge BOV which we decided to weld to end tank since the flange was flat. There are no issues with it being located here and the sound is great!

View attachment 32138 View attachment 32139
Here are the finished shots of the install. I am very happy with it.

#7 ·
I installed the MBRP T409 kit and all I can say is WOW! This exhaust caught my attention from the videos I saw, but IMHO it sounds nothing like that in person. I wish I could capture what it actually sounds like for you all. Ill post some pics of it when I get some and if I can get a decent video Ill post that too. I think Silver_Shooter has a vid of it from after we did the FMIC, maybe he can chime in here. Fitment was great and I could not be happier. Thanks to Ryan from HPDirect for the amazing deal and the great customer service!

#10 · (Edited)
I have had it like this for weeks with no issues. The plate goes through the bracket and holds it down. The bracket slips over the factory unit and same with the turbo smart.

#11 ·
You don't find it strange that the bracket sits on top of the factory bpv, and all the aftermarket ones, but you put it under the plate? The plate has a gasket on it the bracket doesn't. Not trying to be a douche or anything, just stating my observations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

#12 ·
The plate has 2 gaskets on it. I emailed them just to confirm, but there are holes drilled on the plate where the Hex bolts go into and sit in. I'll update when it's confirmed, but like I said, I haven't had any issues thus far. I don't think it's douchey, it's a good thing to be concerned about another persons car IMHO

#14 ·
As I said, I am contacting them about it now. The only thing that gets me on this is how atp sunk in the holes for the hex bolts on the plate and sends short bolts with it. If it's wrong, I'll fix it, no biggie.

Sent from my iPhone using FocusSTorg

#15 ·
Ok so no harm no foul. They said if it's a concern to take the factory bracket out completely and not use it. Their part is not meant for the bracket to be used on the outside part of the plate (why the bolt holes are sunken) and I can just remove the connector from the plate and remove the bracket completely. After you guys scared the crap out of me and I am going to worry now, I'll just remove it and post more pics of the correction lol.

#16 ·
Isn't it a multi application part? Other cars that it fits might not have that bracket. You could prob just ditch the bracket all together and zip tie the connector up out the way.

#17 ·
I think I posted right before you did. See above your post with the answer I got from ATP

#18 ·
10-4 I normally wouldn't have said anything but when I saw the pic I knew it didn't look right. Maybe you tightened it down enough to where it wasn't leaking or causing any problems. At least we got it figured out.

#19 ·
Yea absolutely. Thanks for the keen eye. I installed it the way it made sense from looking at it, however, id rather just take the time and remove it then deal with a "could be" problem.

#20 ·
The only pic of the MBRP installed I have

Attachments

#21 ·
Ok so I spent some time today taking off the block off plate and removing the bracket completely. I called ATP and they said that you cannot use their block off plate and retain the factory bracket that holds that little solenoid. I removed the bracket using a flathead screwdriver to pry it off of the solenoid. I can tell that there is a difference now and want to thank falcon for noticing the issue. It definitely blows off a lot louder now that there isn't that leak in the system anymore. I am very happy with the fix

Reactions: falcon
#22 ·
Wanted to throw a pic of all the snow we got overnight in here. As you can see, my jeep may have a better time today!

Attachments

#23 ·
Take the money you are going to spend on upgrades and build yourself a garage or pay for a spot in one (as it looks like you may live in the city). It will be money well spent. Keep up the good work bro.

#24 ·
I love on a military instillation. We are moving off post soon and I'm hoping to rent a place with a garage. Thanks bro! Tune and DP are next on the list

#28 ·
Yea, I do it so my wipers don't freeze to the windshield. We're from Colorado and it's normally just fluffy snow there. It's wet, thick, and freezes fast on the east coast.

#29 ·
Born and raised in Chicago and never have seen this. If you just keep good blades on and Rainx the windsheild nothing sticks. By the way not to flame but NEVER call a Ford a Ferrari. Not even in the same universe let alone ballpark.

#30 ·
Not to be a douche, but it's sarcasm, and unsubscribe. I can call my car whatever I want

#31 ·
This is the HARDEST thing I've ever had to decide on. I really want the steeda stage 2 tune, but I also want the FSWerks tune with the COBB filter. I really can't choose and I've been doing research for weeks. I get my refund in a few days and I need to make up my mind. I guess it will jump up and bite me in the A$$ eventually. Both tunes are very close to eachother power wise and I don't think I can go wrong either way. Ill post up with what I decide on hopefully by the end of the week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.