Ford Focus ST Forum banner

EdgeAutosport.com's Focus ST Build

220K views 875 replies 128 participants last post by  Caleb ST1 
#1 · (Edited)
EdgeAutosport.com's Focus ST Big Turbo Build

As the car sits now...

Hey guys, some of you know we bought a silver Focus ST back in the spring time but we've just been so busy this summer and fall, we haven't had time to really go to town on it like we wanted to. We've been hard at work and I think you guys will enjoy this build. We certainly already are and we're looking forward to what is in store. Here are some pics so far. We're doing quite a bit as we speak so we'll make sure to post up shortly with more pics and build info. We just did a pretty awesome photo shoot that's unlike anything we've ever seen so we'll drop that really soon. Trust me, it'll bring a smile to your face. :big smile:

Thanks for looking!

Modifications To Date

POWER

Cobb Tuning AccessPort v3 With Stratified E-Tune
Mountune Injectors
Custom EFR7163 Setup
Stratified Xtra Fuel
CP-E Stage 2 Rear Engine Mount
JBR Passenger Mount
JBR Trans Mount
Custom Catless Downpipe
Milltek Catback Exhaust
Custom Intake
CP-E Front Mount Intercooler and Piping

Transmission:
Quaife LSD
South Bend Stage 4 Clutch w/ LW Flywheel
Boomba Racing Short Shifter
Boomba Racing Shifter Bushings

HANDLING
Forgestar F14 Wheels 18x8.5 +45 w/ Custom Orange Powder Coat
KW Suspension V3 Coilovers
SPC Rear Camber Arms
ST Suspensions Rear Sway Bar

Weight Reduction
Removed Passenger and Rear Seats
Removed Spare
Removed Trunk Liner
Weight saved = 192lbs
Car weighs 2915lbs

APPEARANCE
3M 15% Tint
Dark Matte Gray Wrap

Had to take it out for a nice drive early on. You guys probably feel the same but I feel like the car begs to be driven, especially with such awesome roads all around our area. So we gave in. This is in Winter Park, CO. :)

First up was, none other than, the Cobb AccessPort. We ordered one early on obviously. We'll switch to a V3 once we get just a little deeper into the project!

Here's the CP-E Downpipe going in. We opted to go catless. The car doesn't get driven a ton and we have plans that warrant removing it so we did!

Here is the Milltek Catback Exhaust after finishing up. We went with non-resonated and black tips. Black and silver always looks awesome together if it's right. I honestly can't believe how it sounds like it does. It sounds like a monster when you open it up with a little higher pitched, sort of European sound but has absolutely no drone whatsoever. Sounds stock inside the car at ANY cruising speed and RPM level.

Here are a few shots from today of what's being worked on. The car will be a lot different here shortly!

In case you were wondering, we also have a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 with a GT3076R turbo, among many other things of course. The ST should be closer to it's level here soon. ;)

Wheels just got in yesterday! They're custom Forgestar F14's. We were surprised to see that what we had chosen when we ordered them a few weeks ago was also the wheel that went on probably the most noteworthy Focus ST at the SEMA show we just returned from, the Gulf outfitted widebody Focus ST. I guess that made us feel pretty on point with wheel selection! We'll be powder coating them any day now and we'll post up after we do. This picture is actually of the raw aluminum. We wanted our own color done so they let us order them in raw finish (contact us if you're interested in these wheels BTW). Pretty cool!

Updated: 11/25/13

We'll be putting a Spec Stage 3+ on the car soon. Here it is!

Update: December 13, 2013

Finished up the turbo install and got most of our powder coated parts installed. We still need to install the ST Suspensions Rear Sway Bar as well as the Boomba Short Shift Plate and Short Shifter.

Random Shop Photos Added - 1/24/2014

UPDATE!! April 9 2014

Got the car on the dyno with the GTX2867 .86 a/r

Front Side:

Back Side:

Uncorrected:

Corrected for Altitude:

UPDATE: 03/18/15

Clutch and LSD have been installed. We broke our shifter cables and had to fix those this past weekend.

We also went ahead and stripped 146lbs worth of stuff out of the car just to see how much weight we could easily save.

And while we were at it, we Threw in the JBR Side mounts that have been waiting for so long!

And finally, as we've been teasing in some of the later post in this thread, here is the first official pic of our new wrap.

:UPDATE: 4/18/15

We are making some power now. Turbo setup has changed from the GTX2867 to an EFR7163 (PM us for details)

Shake down pass

Side note: We have been competing in Half Mile races with Shift Sector, and our current fastest trap is 147.3mph in the standing Half Mile.

See less See more
4 31
#6 ·
Is that the Atmosphere kit?

#7 ·
Nope. Atp gtx

#8 ·
Looking forward to building our cars up together :D. Denver and the colorado region wont know what hit them! ;)

#11 · (Edited)
put those f14s on right meow!!!

i'm ordering mine in jan/feb so I can have them for spring. paino black on oxford white.... :boner:

edit: just saw you guys are a f14 dealer as well. pm me pricing on some 18x8.5s? piano black please - what offset are you guys going with?

#19 ·
We will be looking into fuel upgrades soon though we will likely run meth as well. As far as the clutch is concerned, we will definitely be upgrading that we just haven't decide which one yet. We will also be putting in the Quaife LSD at the same time as the clutch.

Wheels, intake, and sway bar are all at powder coat. We will hopefully be getting them back soon so we can get everything buttoned up under the hood :)

#23 ·
we've actually talked about getting our own powder coating setup, we just haven't had the chance to pull the trigger on it.
yes. Do it!

edit: that was supposed to be all caps but apparently forum doesnt let you do this.

#24 ·
Subscribing, and very interested in the Forgestar wheels. Are they available for sale in 5x108 bolt pattern?

Reactions: EdgeAutosport.com
#26 ·
Should be getting our stuff back from powder coat either Monday or Tuesday next week. I just hope we can get them installed before Thanksgiving so the thought of those beautifully powder coated new parts sitting all alone in their boxes doesn't ruin my Thanksgiving dinner :/

#27 ·
We haven't actually seen any of the Spec kits for the Focus ST yet but we ordered one for our build and here it is. We picked the Stage 3+ clutch because of it's full face design being a little more street friendly. Spec says it holds well over 600 torque so I think we'll be just fine lol. There are 2 different types of kits available, one uses the stock flywheel and one must be used with Spec's flywheel which is what we have here. It's super lightweight, a little lighter than we imagined it would be so we'll see if that causes any "comfort" issues so we can report back. We really don't care since the more "race car" it is, the better it is but some of you might not look at it that way. These are on our site if you're interested in picking one up.

We've had plenty of happy customers in other platforms with the Spec clutches so we were pretty comfortable with this limited choice so far. We'll also be putting the Quaife LSD in it simultaneously.

#29 · (Edited)
I also recommend spec for this platform. But that is a biased recommendation cause they sponsored my build :wink:

Also the flywheel and clutch with pressure plate weigh less than the OEM dual mass flywheel

#31 ·
The F14's go for $1360 shipped to the lower 48 on our site. If you are interested in them just send me a PM and let me know what specs you want.

By the way, our powder coated parts are ready for pick up and we will be getting those tomorrow. This means we will be able to finish up the turbo install getting the intake in and ready to fire her up and get her tuned.

#32 ·
We just picked up the wheels, intake pipe, and rear sway bar from the powder coater on Tuesday. It's been snowy with highs in the teens for the last several days and isn't looking much better anytime soon so we won't get it cleaned up and on the road for a bit but we'll make sure to post up when we do. We have tires on the way as well. We went with BFGoodrich Rivals in 245/40-18.

You can see the different lighting effects with fluorescent. In the sun, they will blind you!

On the intake setup, we had the intake box coated wrinkle charcoal.

#33 ·
Nice!

#34 ·
i need a bright ass color like that on my car. and someone who powdercoats close to me that wont rip me off :/

#47 ·
There are at least two places I know of that are close by that do good work and the prices aren't high. One place is in Statesville (not sure of the name but can find out) and the other one is Powder River in Newton. Powder River did a ton of parts for me on my Cobra and they do quality work... I think the last time I asked Mark what a set of wheels would run he told me $70 bucks a wheel. That's been a year or so ago so the price might have changed since then.

Shannon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.