hello everyone since i installed these projectors a little bit ago i'd like to show you how
cheapest projectors I've found actually come from china, i know it might be a wait for them but if you are tight on cash here you go...
Wholesale led logo projector - Buy Low Price led logo projector Lots on Aliexpress.com
in the kit you get these lights and drill bit
first you take the door panel off
1. remove silver trim on handle
2. remove door switch and unplug
3. undo screws i beleive t25
4. door latch this trim peice is a little tricky but if you push towards the front of the car on it and will pop up a little to get a tool to pop off. then remove that screw
5. remove reflector and undo the screw
have to add more photos one sec
7. driver side 1 is negative(solid green) and 8 is positive(green with purple stripe) for puddles (numbers are the pin location on socket)
8. passenger side 6 is negative(blue with green stripe) and 8 is positive(brown with yellow stripe)
you will use the drill bit to make a hole. i used the indents on the door as a guideline to be safe
now i had them for some time now and i had to rig them a little bc due to vibrations of the engine and door shutting the logos were actually spinning around inside the piece.
so open them up you'll see this cylinder pull it out and open it up
you see there is a bunch of lenses and a black piece in the middle take that out and its your logo, that was spinning inside so i used a little bit of glue on it to keep it from moving. put back together and as a precaution wrap 3-4 layers of tape aroung the cylinder before sticking back inside the light housing. then your all set to install the light. use a piece of board or do at night to position the light the way you want it and enjoy.
Nice write up! Have any pics of the result?
When I started at the top of this thread, I had no idea what you were doing. When I saw the results, I smiled. Very cool. Not my style, but I very much appreciate the work. Good job.
everyone has there own taste, thanks man