Accelerator Pedal Mount Spacer Review
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Accelerator Pedal Mount Spacer Review

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accelerator Pedal Mount Spacer Review

Hi all, this is my first post here and thought I'd submit a review on the Accelerator Pedal Mount Spacer from CJ Pony Parts.

My father was the auto-editor for the Chicago Sun-Times for 40 some years. With that being said, being the age of 41 you would probably conclude because of that, I have driven quite a few cars to say the least.... I mention this because ever since I got my Focus ST, I kept struggling with something not right with driving the car. Especially from take off. I wasn't stalling out or anything, but couldn't put my finger on what my strange problem I was having was originating from. So considering the amount of stick's I have driven, or as Vincent Gallo liked to refer as "shifter cars" I was like - WTF?? I learned how to drive on an Acura NSX for gods sake. I KNOW how to drive a stick. After running into this part from some posts on focusst.org, and then realizing that the accelerator pedal was indeed recessed, I thought this was worth giving a shot. Got the part, installed it very easily, got in the car, started it up, put my foot down to give it some gas and was AMAZED at how much better and NORMAL this is with this part installed. I'm sure some people have no problem with the ST's accelerator's placement. But if your like a lot of us that were having problems with it, this may become ONE of the greatest mods you can do for this car. The thing is just absolutely awesome!!! I give it 5 stars and then some.
    Ruined14, Kranny, JedzST2 and 1 others like this.

is driving safely

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting post, much appreciated. I also consider myself an experienced stick driver, yet my performance on my ST is still off even after 9 months. Every once in a while I seem to get the starting and shifting right and it shows the car CAN be driven smoothly. But any time I try it is far from perfect, definitely drivable but a picky person would find faults.

I have greatly considered removing the clutch assistant spring, but I am a coward. I do not want to chance severe clutch wear or failure over something silly.

You have me considering this now. If it changes the shifting for the better as well as you describe this will truly be an insanely valuable mod.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right, I forgot about people talking about removing that... Yes, I too would be a bit hesitant removing that as well. For me the problem was not the clutch, but as I have figured out now with the spacer installed, it's just a good balance now of body mechanics, with all the pedals being on a level plane. Also, I'm 5 10' but have short legs, so getting a comfortable balanced seating position did not seem possible. Let us know if you go for it and what your personal results are from it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have an issue with it before, but when I got comfortable with the car and started trying to heel toe I was struggling.
    Picked up a Breedt throttle pedal spacer kit and crawled under the dash.
    BAM! Big difference in feel after the add. Heel toe suddenly became a cake walk and the everyday foot movement from brake to throttle was noticeably improved.

Highly recommend a spacer regardless of brand...but I should give a big thumbs up for the Breedt kit as it is quality stuff machined locally. Plus it has multiple placement options up/down and left/right.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the garage Line spacer. I believe mine is the V2, it seems as though the V3 now includes a lateral adjustment. The pedal spacer is just what was needed to make heel/toe much less awkward; it just feels much more natural, now.

Premium Member
    is here

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the clunky shifting can be attributed to the rev hang also. I had my tuner (Alex @ Stratified) remove it as much as possible so when shifting quickly the RPM's don't float up there. I also have a space and yes it does make a difference for sure in the heel toe aspect of it.
    Stratified Custom Tune (91 and E30) CPE Lightweight FMIC VelossaTech Intake Snorkel
    FSwerks Shift Bracket+Busings (40%) Wilwood FNSL6 14" NGK LTR7IX-11
    Green Filter Steeda RMM, TTR Upper Passenger Gloss black wrapped roof
    TSW Rivage 18X8 5-108 +40mm Husky Liner Floor mats (All) Global windows mod
    Fogs on with High Beam mod (Diode Dynamics XML2 Fogs) Limo tint rear, Front legal Proclip Pillar mount
    Led Interior lights Breedt APM

is Work in Progess

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The extender is an improvement for sure. However, I still have to roll my foot more than I'd like for Heel/Toe action. I would recommend getting the extra extension for it: Focus ST APM Top Mount (12mm) - Welcome to GarageLine - Sport Compact Performance Parts

Premium Member
    is here

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breedt 2013-14 Ford Focus ST Black Accelerator Pedal Spacer

This is the one that I have, it may have more adjustment that you are looking for.
    Stratified Custom Tune (91 and E30) CPE Lightweight FMIC VelossaTech Intake Snorkel
    FSwerks Shift Bracket+Busings (40%) Wilwood FNSL6 14" NGK LTR7IX-11
    Green Filter Steeda RMM, TTR Upper Passenger Gloss black wrapped roof
    TSW Rivage 18X8 5-108 +40mm Husky Liner Floor mats (All) Global windows mod
    Fogs on with High Beam mod (Diode Dynamics XML2 Fogs) Limo tint rear, Front legal Proclip Pillar mount
    Led Interior lights Breedt APM

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would a longer pedal work, or would it end up touching the floor???
    I would think that the current pedal spacing would be less of an issue if you could actually use your heel rather than the side of your foot. It looks like the pedal just does not extend towards the floor enough...
    Anyway, I have replaced pedals in the past (or added new pedal surfaces), but I have also purchased (and received) the GL APM and hope to install it this weekend.
    So is the consensus that I should mount the pedal to the spacer, then mount the spacer to the original mounts? or follow the video? Im 6' tall, so will not easily fit down there.

I spend too much of my life on FST! stylo's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garageline APM for the win.

Stock pedal position does not cause rough shifts IMO just difficult to heel-toe. Fixed with the raised accelerator pedal.

Leave the clutch spring in.
    2013 Focus ST
    2013 Skoda Octavia vRS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links